Freyberg High School provides opportunities for all students with
special learning requirements to discover and develop their
individual strengths and talents. Our excellent facilities and programmes are a hallmark of the
- The Individual Learning Centre (ILC): for students working on
- The Deaf Education Centre: offering programmes to meet Deaf and hearing-impaired students’ requirements.
- The Craig Centre: catering for students requiring fully
- The Transition Flat: enabling young adults with significant
support needs to gain independence in life skills.
- He Puna Tautoko (HPT) and Junior Home Room: providing environments to meet curriculum demands whilst focusing on life skills.
- Our Te Whiri Koko RTLB and Specialist Resource Teachers provide additional support to some selected mainstream students.
- Specialist Support includes a variety of
including Speech-Language Therapist, Physiotherapist, Occupational
Therapist, Psychologist. They meet our high
as well as implementing
Specialist Service Standards.