Freyberg High School provides opportunities for all students with
special learning requirements to discover and develop their
individual strengths and talents. Our excellent facilities and programmes are a hallmark of the
- The Individual Learning Centre (ILC): for students working on
- The Deaf Education Centre: offering programmes to meet Deaf and hearing-impaired students’ requirements.
- The Craig Centre: catering for students requiring fully
- The Transition Flat: enabling young adults with significant
support needs to gain independence in life skills.
- He Puna Tautoko (HPT): providing environments to meet curriculum demands whilst focusing on life skills.
- Our Te Whiri Koko RTLB and Specialist Resource Teachers provide additional support to some selected mainstream students.
- Specialist Support: In discussion with whanau, staff and specialists referrals are made and specialists are contracted to support the learning needs of the students. Specialist such as Physiotherapists, Speech Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Educational Phycologists, Behaviour Support specialists, Autism Specialists, Transition Agencies, Sensory Providers and Mana Whaikaha are contracted at Freyberg. Specialists provide feedback to whanau and school through written reports, meetings and professional development opportunities.
They work within the guidelines of the Specialist Service Standards and school policies.
See downloads for further information.