1955:Freyberg High School was opened in 1955 by Clarance Beeby in Palmerston North. The school was named after the
leader of New Zealand’s World War II armed forces; Lieutenant General Bernard Freyberg.
1990: The suburb of Roslyn and the Freyberg school roll had both risen substantially. By this stage the school proudly
boasted it's own full-length pool, technology block, library, and gymnasium also named after Lord Freyberg.
2001:A special needs centre, additional gymnasium and joint community indoor pool are added. Further classrooms were
also constructed to accommodate the school's growing roll.
Slideshow of construction