Student Assessment Handbook
- Our music programme is nationally acclaimed with over 400 students taking individual music tuition.
- The Sports Academy provides special programmes for elite sports people and the Performing Arts Academy provides special programmes for elite Dancers, Musicians and Drama students.
- The Languages Academy is a popular Academy teaching Spanish , New Zealand Sign and Japanese . Students are provided an opportunity to engage in interactive activities in their target languages as well as participate in activities outside the classroom with a global focus and achieve to potential .
- Māori Arts Academy- Te Poutama Kahurangi allows students who are passionate about Te Reo Māori me ōna tikanga and who are willing to develop their language skills and proficiency in all core subject areas.
- Our Students in Year 13 are currently studying at Scholarship level in a variety of subjects.
Compulsory classes and options choices
|Year 9||Compulsory: English, Social Studies, Mathematics, Health & Physical Education, and Science.
Choose: four options/electives to study for a term each.
Performance music is compulsory for the members of the year 9 extension classes. Other students may opt into this class
|Year 10||Compulsory: English, Social Studies, Mathematics, Health & Physical Education, and Science.
Choose: Students are able to choose full year and/or half year options. Students can either choose two full year options OR one full year option and two half year options OR four half year options.
|Year 11||Compulsory: English, Mathematics, Science.
Choose: three options/electives.
|Year 12||Compulsory: nothing
Choose: Five options/electives.
|Year 13||Compulsory: nothing – although care should be taken that a student’s full course of subjects meets all the requirements for University Entrance (including UE literacy), if needed.
Choose: five options/electives and one study line.
The Year 9 Junior Certificate and Year 10 Junior Diploma have been developed to help motivate and guide junior students in their preparation for NCEA. These are designed to encourage both academic Achievements as well as Attitudes and work habits that will ensure students are prepared for the senior school.
Junior Diploma Downloads
Subjects We Offer
Students are encouraged to study a broad curriculum which offers many pathways to excellence.